Astronomy‎ > ‎Links and Documents‎ > ‎

UW Credit

Students taking the RAHS Astronomy course are eligible to earn University of Washington credit! Course credit for Astronomy 101 is offered through the UW College in the High School program. Here are the details.

  1. Students who wish to earn UW credit must register using the UW College in the High School Registration page (see below).
  2. the UW Astronomy Course has a $325.00 fee and a registration fee of $45.00.  The $45.00 only needs to be paid one time. The RAHS PTSA has generously offered to provide scholarship support for students who need financial assistance. Please contact the PTSA for details.
  3. The UW credits are transferable to any University in the state except UPS and Whitman. The credits are usually transferable out of state and to private colleges, but you should check with those colleges if you have any questions or concerns. 
  4. You will receive a letter grade on your RAHS transcript for the class and a separate numerical grade on a UW transcript. When submitting transcripts for college applications you will need to request a transcript from the UW yourself, RAHS will not do that for you.
  5. A minimum of four students must register for credit before anyone can get credit.
  6. Dropping the UW course or requesting a Satisfactory/Not-Satisfactory grade must be done through the UW and on their schedule requirements.
  7. The UWHS Registration number is <TBD>.
  8. The registration deadline is <TBD>.
This course may be taken without registering for UW credit. The curriculum and expectations for my astronomy class will be the same regardless of whether a student is receiving UW credit.  That said, this program is a good deal, since the same credit at the UW would cost you more than $1300, plus $150 for the textbook and lab fees.

Grades for the classes will be assigned as follows:

Showing 7 items
Credit Transfer to other colleges  
Getting your grades and transcripts  
Using your UW NetID after you register  
UW College in the High School UW College in the High School Home Page 
UW Grading Policy and Standards  
UWHS Registration Fees Contact RAHS PTSA for scholarship information if you qualify for financial need. 
UWHS Registration Information  
Showing 7 items